Thursday, April 17, 2014

Writing....Why do people write? Have you ever had the urge to write a story, describe a sunset or a beautiful flower? Or maybe you want to tell someone how you feel--be it love, anger, or appreciation? Writing is a great release for all kinds of thoughts or feelings. I started writing in a diary when I was ten. At first, I wrote one liners that grew to several pages. When I was in 5th grade I received the opportunity to write a pen pal. So then I begin to love writing letters! In school, I loved the assignments of creative writing. I wrote stories, poems and had fun doing it.
    Twice a week I have the opportunity to teach 8 to 10 year old girls for my church. It can be everything from a religious lesson to a craft. At least once a year I share about writing with them. It is so wonderful to see the excitement in their faces and their eyes that gleam with the idea of writing something! They get so inspired! They have come up with the greatest stories and poems! There are those who curl up their nose and say, "Ugh, do I have to! I hate writing!" But there are so many who love the feeling of putting pen to paper and writing from their wild imaginations! I love it!
    So, write a fun story today! Read it to your kids, grandkids or your husband! Get a smile and a happy nod from them and then challenge them to write something in return! Could be a fun way to get to know each other better and make a fun memory!

     For those of you waiting--"Lovin' Lily" is getting closer to being published. I have received it back from a very fine editing job! I have been very impressed with my new editing team! I am still working through the last of the recent corrections and then I will determine from there if Danny and Lily are ready for print!

No comments:

Family trials have been taking my time lately.  See you at a future date!