Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year! 2014--isn't that amazing?!  I remember in the 4th grade having to write about what life would be in the year 2000. And I don't think it is anything near what my imagination came up with! Just think of the great leaps of technology during our life time we have seen. I was in grade school in the 1970's and well...there is definitely a change in the world!
    
    What does the New Year have in store for you? What great goals have you set? Are you having trouble setting goals? Well, I have a book almost ready for publication that is about that very topic! Years ago a friend and I shared letters. She was struggling with "A new beginning" to life and I shared with her my theory of my "Short List". Sometimes we over load our self with all those millions of things we have waiting for us to do--or think we have to do. Some are important and some the world has made important. How do weed it all out? In my book I share with you my list that I come back to each time I get over loaded with life, and the target of my goals.
   I also share with you my personal motto that I have on my wall near my bed. "Each Moment is a New Beginning." Sometimes we have to take a step back and just begin again! Its okay to throw out the set of goals that has our wheels spinning and just start over!
    
      One of my New Year's goals is to see the release of the second book of The Orchard Grove Series.,"Lovin' Lily". I have a new editing team and they are helping me make great progress on my book.
  
 Here is a sneak preview:
          "You aimin' to kiss that there post?" Charlie chuckled. Danny's eyes flew open. "Standin' there with your lips puckered thata-way, I was wonderin' if that post was to be your next conquest in the lovin' department." Danny's cheeks warmed and he turned away for the older man standing there on the ground laughing at him. 
        "Don't know what you're talkin' about, old man," he muttered. Charlie's raspy laugh sounded again behind him.
       "You know, you should enter the pie eatin' contest if you be lookin' for someone to kiss." He walked away still chuckling low.

I appreciate all of you who have support me by purchasing my first book "Darla's Decision." I have loved your reactions and your encouragements! Thank you all so much! I hope each of you have a joyous, wonderful, adventurous NEW YEAR!
    And those of you who haven't read it yet! Make it apart of your "Must read" list for 2014!!
    

No comments:

Family trials have been taking my time lately.  See you at a future date!