Tuesday, February 6, 2018

February is a month of birthdays...and Valentine's Day, of course!

Some people have expressed to me that they hate Valentine's Day. Their reasons? "No one ever sends me flowers or treats. I hate that day!" "Valentine's Day isn't fun when my spouse never does anything nice for me!" "Valentine's Day is for boyfriends and girlfriends. Who cares about Valentine's Day?!"

    Yes, it is traditionally known for the day to celebrate with your sweetheart or to be swept off your feet by your true love. Well, I project that it can have a different meaning...its a day of Love! But not just romantic love. Its a day to express your love and appreciation for all the people in your life!
    Valentine's is like Christmas for me...its not about what you GET....its about what you GIVE! So, think of the ways you can make the day better for the people you love in your life...and who knows? Maybe that will come back to you some day, but don't do it for what you can get out of it. Do it for what YOU get out of it, as in the happy feeling from making someone else smile and feel loved on Valentine's Day.

 

No comments:

Family trials have been taking my time lately.  See you at a future date!