Tuesday, October 4, 2016

October! Fall, Fall, Fall! Family!

This is a great time of year. The gate way to a lot of family time. I know I have blogged about this before, but I love the holidays and the family time that comes with it.
       Family is what life is all about. If I can teach my children anything...that would be to BE a part of the family. Be there when the opportunity arises and they will be there for you as often as they can.
     I come from an awesome family....and extended family. Somehow my mom and dad quietly taught me and my brother and sisters that family is very important. They are my best friends, they come first, they are there for me, and I need to be there for them in any circumstances. AND I don't have to pay them for help or for being my family! 
    You may think that last comment is strange, but I have seen families that have to pay their siblings for their time and efforts if they help them. SO NOT COOL in my book.
     One of the most important lessons that the Savior taught was service. I believe that the greatest place and the first place to serve is your family. It brings you closer, the love bound becomes deeper as you go through life's experiences together. When you are feeling down and out...you should be able to count on your family...and not be judged by them, Silent support is what family is and can be.
    BUT on the flip side of truth, our worst critics can be our family. So just remember, no one is perfect in a family. But everyone can be there to support and to help lift a family member through the tough times. 
      I love all my family. I miss them each day.  How I wish I could be in more then one place at a time!

No comments:

Family trials have been taking my time lately.  See you at a future date!