Thursday, July 18, 2013

Hey there! my blogging friends,
      I have spent time running children to tennis camp and shopping this week...kids seem to think they need to eat when I am writing! So as soon as the cupboards were bare I knew it was time to step away from the computer and go shopping! It was a great success! I found a curio cabinet at a thrift shop to put my porcelain dolls in that my mother and grandmother made. I have 3 and each has the blessing/christening dress of my 3 baby girls on them. Finally I can display them safely. And yes, I did buy groceries also. :)
     The story of the curio cabinet: I have been telling my married daughter Jessica that it takes patience to acquire things that we 'want'. I have advised her to not run out and just purchase things that she decides she wants...it takes time and being thrifty and patience pays off. I have wanted this cabinet for years and yes, I could have bought a new one several times over now. But it was not a 'need' so I waited for just the right one-the right price-and the right moment in time to finally buy it!
     So now that my children have their food supply I can get back to writing. So when they say, "Mom, what's for dinner?" I can say eat whatever you want! And keep on writing!
     Here is another "Happy Mom Moment" for me. Last year I was not able to just hop and do. Radiation burns under the arm pit was pretty harsh. So, my youngest two children waited on me quite a bit. We came up with this system for who would make meals.
    Sunday--Sacrifice Sunday (Do we always have to be eating?)
    Monday--Mom will make it. ( I do my part!)
   Tuesday-- Taco Tuesday (Family loves their Mexican food! My children learned to make them.)
   Wednesday--Whatever Wednesday. (Means everyone eats whatever they want!)
   Thursday--Throw it Together.(Pretty much means eat whatever you want again.)
   Friday---Fend for yourself Friday. (Easy to figure out.)
   Saturday--Serve yourself Saturday. (Get the picture?)

It really isn't as horrible as it sounds. It just means I have a family with a sense of humor. I was very blessed to have Daniel and Gretchen willing to help out and not whine and complain when their mother wasn't able to stick to the routine of making meals and doing for them. Instead they did things for me! I was so blessed with their love and concern for me last year. It made me feel proud to be their mother.

      Sneak Peak of Book Two in The Orchard Grove Series:
            Danny loves Lily. He has for a long time. Things had been going pretty well considering Lily, known as Sissy to the rest of the crowd, had refused to dress like a girl. She wore men's trousers usually and the others had seen her as just one of the guys... until the Harvest Party.

      "Today she was in a cornflower-blue cotton dress with an empire waist. There was a ribbon that accented her almost nonexistent bosom, tied in a small bow. She felt like crossing her arms in front of herself as she walked out of the house earlier that morning. There had been several young men standing around talking with Danny. A hot blush had risen to her cheeks when she had stepped outside. All the boys stopped talking at once. Each one of Danny's friend had turned to stare at her. Her stomach clinched nervously. She knew it was a mistake to wear such an outfit! Her mother had convinced her to let her use the hot iron on her shortened hair and she had made her daughter's blonde hair wave in ringlets all over her head. Sissy had no idea how cute and adorable the curls made her look."

      I have had GREAT responses to my first book "Darla's Decision". Thanks to all of you who have bought my book. I am so thrilled it has been such a great hit! Thank you!  TELL A FRIEND! You are my greatest source of advertisement. I appreciate your help in spreading the good word! Until next time...Have a great day!

No comments:

Family trials have been taking my time lately.  See you at a future date!