Monday, November 5, 2018

Fall....November...Happy Family Holidays!



This time of year is special. It holds happy memories of days past and the excitement of the future happy times with the family.
     There is nothing better than the family getting together. My husband and sons gathered in the family room watching TV...movies or football.  Grand children running about. The girls and I in the kitchen working together to create our favorite Thanksgiving dishes. 
    I have it down to a science now...what time to start each dish, when to put the turkey in, when to cook the yams and the extra stuffing. The jellow dishes and more! Of course, the hot rolls come out last.
    The day before, we make pies! Everyone gets their favorite pie made...plus four pumpkins pies. One year I made 17 pies! We had company come...its tradition!
      Hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving with your family and friends this year. I am so grateful for my family and those that have shared Thanksgiving with us in the past.

No comments:

Family trials have been taking my time lately.  See you at a future date!